This package is designed for those who would love to visit Lord of the Rings locations as well as enjoy other popular activities. Step into Middle Earth, walk in the same spots as the actors did and learn all the information from your tour guides.
DAY 1 – Arrival and lake cruise
- Arrive in Queenstown by car or transfers are available from Queenstown Airport.
- Check into your accommodation.
- Embark on a 1.5-hour cruise on Lake Wakatipu to enjoy the natural beauties of this area.
- Departure from Queenstown St Omers wharf.
- Enjoy comfortable cruising on a spacious and modern catamaran.
- Skipper gives commentary on the history and highlights of Lake Wakatipu.
- Visit Bob’s Cove to see its remarkable turquoise water and native bush up-close.
- Enjoy stunning views up the lake towards Glenorchy, Mt Earnslaw and the Southern Alps.
- Take panoramic photos from our open-top viewing deck.
- Our onboard cafe and bar serve hot and cold beverages and snacks throughout the cruise.
After the cruise, take your time walking around Queenstown central, with all its shops, restaurants and pubs. Make sure you go up the Skyline during your stay to enjoy the best view in town!
DAY 2 – Trails of Middle-Earth full-day tour
Pick-up for the tour is at a civilised 9:45am.
As one of the first LOTR companies in New Zealand, we have amassed a wonderful selection of locations, site and scenes to bring the fantasy movies to life. No other tour can offer you what you will find on this tour.
Some tour highlights:
- Some of the finest scenery in the world. NZ$15,000 worth of weapons and costume items for you to handle and photograph.
- A marvelous restaurant lunch included.
- View and handle some “top secret” items from the making of the movies.
- Entertaining and knowledgeable guides who have a passion for the books and movies and can discuss as much detail as you like.
- Travelling in small groups for a personal and interactive experience.
- A full commentary on the areas travelled through as well as all the LOTR and Hobbit gossip and stories you want to hear.
- Take that one small step on a great adventure and let your fantasies take flight as you experience the reality of Middle-Earth right here in Godzone – God’s own.
Tour ends around 17:30.
DAY 3 – Jet Boating
Check out at 10am.
Leave your bags safely at your accommodation as you are taken to one of the first touristic attractions in Queenstown, the Shotover Jet.
- From the moment you leave the jetty, your adrenaline hits the roof.
- You’ll speed over water as shallow as 10cm, experiencing 360-degree spins along the famous Shotover River and deep into the Spectacular Shotover Canyons.
- As the only company permitted to operate within these canyons, it’s an irreplaceable white water ride.
- Our high-performance boats are made for speed, travelling at up to 90 kilometres an hour.
- As the Canyon walls tower over you, your expert driver puts the state-of-the-art Jet Boat through its paces, riding the rapids and performing thrilling, gravity-defying stunts within a hair’s breadth of the awe-inspiring cliff faces.
- Get ready for wall-to-wall canyon action from start to finish! There are no lakes here.
Return to your accommodation to collect your bags and say goodbye.
Package cost per person for two or more people:
December – April
- NZ$850 in standard accommodation
- NZ$1030 in luxury accommodation
May – August
- NZ$580 in standard accommodation
- NZ$695 in luxury accommodation
September – November
- NZ$690 in standard accommodation
- NZ$810 in luxury accommodation
- 2 nights accommodation
- Lake cruise
- Full day Lord of the Rings tour (with lunch)
- Jetboat ride
Family price is available on application.
Please submit your details below and our tour manager will contact you to discuss your specific tour requirements so we can personalise your adventure of a lifetime.